Monday, May 16, 2011

Finding the Time

Up at 5:30 am


Out the door by 6:45.


Teach, teach, teach from 7:30-2:30 with 30 minutes for lunch and no time to pee.


Kids in after school for tutoring, make-ups, retakes, and just because until about 4:00pm


Home around 5:00pm


Dinner/Family time 6:00pm


Bath/Book time 8:00pm


Finally sitting in my chair around 9:00pm


Bedtime for the parents 10:30pm

Repeat.

Does this look familiar?

Where do our days go?  When do we write?  How do we juggle it all?


This week I received five different emails/direct messages from you all asking me how I (and I am assuming Nichole and Cheryl) keep up with it all.

The answer is simple.  We don't.

For those of you who don't know, besides The Red Dress Club, we each have our own personal blogs, Mommy Pants, In These Small Moments, and Sluiter Nation.

On top of that, Nichole has started writing for Babble.

And I have two very neglected other blogs, Katie's Bookcase and Exploded Moments

We have a TON going on.

If you've noticed, not all three of us are able to post to both prompts each week.

We haven't been able to comment on as many of the posts we read.

But we are still here.  I promise.

Things are just busy and hectic...in a GOOD way (for the most part).

We want The Red Dress Club to stay awesome and be a place of which you feel a part and where feel comfortable contributing and linking up.

We are all trying to juggle our writing and our time.

How about you?  What are you doing to find time to write?

For me?  I take that hour between Eddie going to bed and our going to bed and I hammer out some writing.  Even if it's not publishable.  I try to write something every. single. day.

What do you do?

No comments: